Cow Horn Tray
Made with ethically sourced cow horn, this small tray is perfect as a desk organizer, a catch-all for keys and loose coins, or to keep on the vanity to beautifully display perfume and jewelry.
Valued for both its hardness and its ability to become soft and pliable when heated, Ankole cattle horn has been used by East Africans for centuries. This small tray was cut by hand, shaped and molded at high temperatures, meticulously sanded, and then polished for a smooth and shiny finish.
Due to the considerable size of Ankole horns and their wide range of naturally occurring colors, this tray is truly one-of-a-kind; no two are exactly alike. Ankole cow horn is indigenous to East Africa, making this material extremely rare.
Each tray is individually crafted from start to finish by an artisan in a fair trade environment in Uganda. Imperfections are expected and contribute to the uniqueness of your handmade good.
- Made by Rose & Fitzgerald in Uganda, East Africa
- Materials: 100% Ankole cow horn, locally sourced
- Measurements: Tray measures approximately 6 inches wide and .5 inches deep (a slight variation in size is expected).
- Colors: Marbled, natural light horn
- Care: Because this tray is made of pure horn, which is made up of keratin protein, there are special considerations for its proper care. If necessary, wipe clean with a soft cloth. It is important to avoid leaving your horn items near heat sources or in direct sunlight, as warm temperatures can cause the horn to dry out or change shape.