Cow Horn Tumblers
These ethically sourced cow horn whisky tumblers are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite single-malt whisky.
Valued for both its hardness and its ability to become soft and pliable when heated, Ankole cattle horn has been used by East Africans for centuries. These natural horn tumblers were hand carved on a lathe, and then shaped and molded at high temperatures to fit perfectly in your hand. They were meticulously sanded, polished, and then sealed with a food-safe lacquer for a smooth and shiny finish.
Due to the considerable size of Ankole horns and their wide range of naturally occurring colors, these tumblers are truly one-of-a-kind; no two are exactly alike. Ankole cow horn is indigenous to East Africa, making this material extremely rare.
Each tumbler is individually crafted from start to finish by an artisan in a fair trade environment in Uganda. Imperfections are expected and contribute to the uniqueness of your handmade good.
- Made by Rose & Fitzgerald in Uganda, East Africa
- Materials: 100% Ankole cow horn, locally sourced
- Measurements: Tumbler measures approximately 3 wide and 4 inches deep (a slight variation in size is expected), and holds about 8 ounces of liquid.
- Colors: Marbled, natural dark horn
- Care: Because this natural drinking vessel is made of pure horn, which is made up of keratin protein, there are special considerations for its proper care. Each tumbler should be cleaned after use using only lukewarm water. It should never be left soaking or placed in a dishwasher, but rather should be dried immediately using a soft cloth. It is important to avoid leaving your horn items near heat sources or in direct sunlight, as warm temperatures can cause the horn to dry out or change shape.
- Note: Sold as set of two